What is this blog about?

A BIG hello from The Little Girl! This blog is about places I've visited, mostly in Asia. Traveling is my passion. You will find lots of pictures and helpful links here. I haven't visited a lot of places, so you may find some posts about countries that I have never been to (but would want to visit someday). I will also write about places in my country - the Philippines.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Things I Want to Do: Eating Japanese Cuisine with Eggs

Japan is one of the largest consumers of eggs. Eggs are cheap and nutritious. Every time I try to look for Japanese recipes on the internet, I would always see eggs listed among the ingredients. It’s very common for Japanese people to use raw eggs as their sauce. Raw eggs are very clean and safe in Japan.

A very popular dish in Japan is the Omurice. It is rice typically mixed with chicken, ketchup, mushrooms, and is wrapped in thin layer of creamy fried egg. Tamago kake gohan, another popular Japanese cuisine, is rice mixed with raw eggs and soy sauce.

Omurice
Omurice

File:Tamago kake gohan.jpg
Tamago kake gohan














































If I could afford another trip to Japan, I would love to try eating different Japanese dishes with eggs.



2 comments:

  1. I love Japanese cuisine. Omurice sounds delsih! Hope all is well my friend. Love the pictures you added to this post.

    ReplyDelete